Draft Fit and Active Barnet Framework 2022-26 consultation
We asked for your views on our draft Fit and Active Barnet Framework 2022 – 2026, which sets out the direction for the development and delivery of physical activity in Barnet over the next five years. This is underpinned by our proposed vision to ‘create a more active and healthy borough’ through a whole-systems approach.
We received 73 responses to the questionnaire:
- an average of 77% agree with the vision of the framework
- 92% agree with the guiding principles laid out in the framework
- the majority (between 87% and 92%) agree with the aims of the framework.
There were also a number of comments made by residents completing the questionnaire, in relation to the framework and action plan:
- consideration needed for funding (2 comments)
- suggestions for more specific wording (2 comments)
- barriers to access (e.g. cost) (11 comments)
- inequalities (4 comments)
- Community Safety (3 comments)
- Active Travel (22 comments)
- consider provisions available for people with a disability (6 comments)
- culturally specific interventions (3 comments)
- improve parks and open spaces (13 comments)
- comments on community support (3 comments).
In response to the comments made, we amended the Framework and it’s supporting implementation plan to include the elements that respondents asked to be incorporated, and/or provided as suggestions.
The Framework has now been finalised and the final version is available on the Barnet Council website