We asked, you said, we did
We asked for your views on pharmaceutical services in Barnet. Pharmaceutical services include services provided from local pharmacies, dispensaries at doctors' surgeries, or specialist appliance contractors. Local pharmacies also provide healthcare help and advice and are often the first point of contact when people are concerned about their health.
We received 482 responses to the public questionnaire. The analysis of the questionnaires shows:
- 90% of respondents have a preferred local pharmacy
- 67% of respondents have visited a community pharmacy at least once a month in the past six-month period
- 56% of respondents the main method of transport was walking
- 89% of respondents were able to reach the pharmacy within 15 minutes (100% within 30 minutes)
- 29% of respondents identified a difficulty in getting to a pharmacy, 23% of whom identified parking as the main issue.
- from the public questionnaire, accessing a community pharmacy in Barnet was not seen to be an issue by the vast majority.
In response to the comments made, the Barnet draft PNA 2022 was compiled and available for consultation from 13 June to 12 August 2022. Anyone who uses local pharmaceutical services is invited to comment during the consultation process. We want to make sure that you can access pharmaceutical services easily and that you are happy with the service you receive.
This consultation has now closed.